Information Collected from All Visitors to our Website
Additional Personal Data Collection
- In general, additional personal data is collected:
- When you enquire about courses and bundles
- When you register for courses and bundles
- When you send a message through the contact form or communicate with us
- When you purchase anything on the Website
Purpose and Use of Personal Data
In general, BPC collects, uses or discloses your personal data for the following purposes:
- Create, administer and manage your account with us
- Respond to enquiries you have submitted on the Website or through any other means
- Process your registration and payment for courses or bundles
- Process your requests or orders for content, products, services or information
- Process payment to third parties such as content partners
- Inform you of new or upcoming courses or promotions
- Communicate with you on administrative matters regarding the courses or bundles you have registered for, BPC or the products or services offered on BPC, or notifications or updates about our terms and conditions
- Facilitate your access to or participation in the content on the Website or the courses offered on BPC
- Facilitate your communication with other users of BPC or relevant persons conducting or administering the courses offered on BPC
- Collect feedback on courses you have purchased
- Facilitate the technical functioning of BPC and its underlying systems, including troubleshooting and resolving issues, securing the systems, and preventing fraud and abuse
- Market products, services, subscription plans, surveys, or promotions
You may opt out of receiving our marketing emails any time by sending us a request through our “Contact Us” page or by emailing us at email@example.com.
You may choose not to provide certain personal data to us, but you may not be able to use certain features of the Website or access certain products or services.
You should ensure that all personal data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct. Any failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with the products and services you have requested. We shall have the right to request for documentation and carry out the necessary checks to verify the personal data provided by you as part of our user verification processes or as required under law.
Disclosure of Personal Data
We may share your personal data with third parties as necessary for any of the purposes stated above.
Third parties include content partners, course instructors, other BPC users and our service providers, including those providing services relating to IT, email and web hosting, payment processing, marketing and advertising, newsletter management, data analytics.
We may also share your personal data as needed for security, legal compliance, or as part of a corporate restructuring. Lastly, we may share data in other ways if it is anonymised such that you may not be identifiable from the data or if we get your consent.
You should rest assured that we do not sell your personal data to any third party. Our employees and any third parties engaged by us are contractually obligated to protect the privacy and confidentiality of your information.
If you have provided to us any third party’s personal data, you shall be deemed to have obtained that party’s consent for the relevant purpose of providing the personal data to us.
We may disclose your personal data to third parties if the disclosure is permitted or required by law.
Retention of Personal Data
BGST retains personal data as may be required for operational, legal or regulatory purposes and such purposes do vary according to the circumstances.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access or disclosure of your personal data that we collect and store. However, no system can be 100% secured, so we cannot guarantee that communications between you and us, the Website, or any information provided to us in connection with the data we collect through the Website will be free from unauthorized access by third parties. It is your responsibility to protect your account password. You should not share your password with any third party.
Access and Correction of Personal Data
You may access and update your personal data that we collect and maintains as follows:
- For personal data you provided in your account, you may log into your BPC account and update the particulars on your account at any time.
- Otherwise, to request to access, correct, or delete your personal data, please submit your request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow up a reasonable time to consider your request and respond. We may charge a fee in relation to any request to access, or make corrections, to your personal data held by us. In order to facilitate processing of your request, it may be necessary for us to request further information relating to your request. For your protection, we may require that the request be sent through the email address associated with your account, and we may need to verify your identity before addressing your request. To the extent permissible under law, we may refuse such requests if deemed unreasonable.
Changes to Policy